Name: Ron Hirschi
Statement: Hirschi’s message is firmly rooted in our environment’s interconnectedness. He reminds us that actions have re-actions and therefore, it is extremely important that we take care of our waterways, our wildlife and ourselves.
N 40° 06.763'
W 083° 06.695'
Dublin Arts Center is located just north of the intersection of Emerald Parkway and Riverside Drive, and south of Hard Road. The arts center is on the west side of Riverside Drive and is a large stone building with a stone sign at the entrance. Plenty of parking is available; check with DAC for hours of operation.
Clues by Riverbox artist Ron Hirschi
• To find Riverbox of the Sun, follow the old trail along the river, now paved.
• Your journey along the river trail should lead along the same side as the Salt Creek tributary, the side of the morning sun.
• Morning sun rays might lead you to your next stop. Please park and walk to where art livens Dublin all year long.
• Don’t stop long where the grand old home is now a place of art. Instead, search these grounds up and down and take a leisurely stroll in the direction of the setting sun. Walk down the hill and look to the south.
• Walk a bit along the riverbank and sit by the water’s edge and watch for bluegills and darters, herons and ducks. Once in a while an eagle might fly by.
• Turn from the river’s side and look up the hillside. You will see the leaves that fell to the river. There behind you in the Scioto’s strong currents, tiny insects chomp those leaves. The food web flows downstream. But it all began with the rising sun and you will only need to follow its rays to the base of what was once the grandest tree in sight to find your prize.
Dublin Arts Center grounds
7125 Riverside Dr.
Dublin, Ohio 43016
614-889-7444 (phone) Venue Website
Please note: The Greater Columbus Arts Council (Arts Council) does not own or manage any public art. For the purposes of this database many pieces were entered by the Arts Council while we continue to search for the appropriate owner/manager of the work and other information to complete the entry. The Arts Council has tried to gather all available information about the works in this database, however, we acknowledge there may be missing or inaccurate information. If you can help us correct any inaccuracies, or provide more complete information, we would be grateful. Please use “Something missing? Please send us a note” above.
Online/Virtual (Cleveland), Online/Virtual (Columbus), Online/Virtual (Cincinnati), Online/Virtual (Toledo), Online/Virtual (anywhere in Ohio), Online/Virtual (Dayton/Kettering), Online/Virtual (Dublin)
December 10, 2020 – February 10, 2021
Online/Virtual (Cleveland), Online/Virtual (Columbus), Online/Virtual (Cincinnati), Online/Virtual (anywhere in Ohio), Online/Virtual (Dayton/Kettering), Online/Virtual (Dublin), Online/Virtual (Denison University)
February 19, 2021
ArtsinOhio.com is your one-stop resource for arts, festivals and cultural events throughout the Buckeye State. And, even better, it’s free!