Partners

Partners

Hillcrest Baptist Church

Description:

The building at 2480 W. Broad Street was built by The Hilltop Amusement Company as a theatre around 1922. Although the building never actually opened as a theatre, it did have a functional store front that housed long time Hilltop institution, Buck’s Hamburgers. The building was purchased by the Hillcrest... Read more

The building at 2480 W. Broad Street was built by The Hilltop Amusement Company as a theatre around 1922. Although the building never actually opened as a theatre, it did have a functional store front that housed long time Hilltop institution, Buck’s Hamburgers. The building was purchased by the Hillcrest Baptist Church in 1924 and converted into a church, eventually adding the present tile front of the building. The former exterior had stairs and columns surrounding the doors. The tile front was added in the late 1950’s by the church to demonstrate that they were forward thinking. The inside of the church still has the amazing feel of being in a classic theatre.

Categories
Architecture
Address:

Columbus, OH, USA
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Franklin County

Something missing? Send us a note.

Please note: The Greater Columbus Arts Council (Arts Council) does not own or manage any public art. For the purposes of this database many pieces were entered by the Arts Council while we continue to search for the appropriate owner/manager of the work and other information to complete the entry. The Arts Council has tried to gather all available information about the works in this database, however, we acknowledge there may be missing or inaccurate information. If you can help us correct any inaccuracies, or provide more complete information, we would be grateful. Please use “Something missing? Please send us a note” above.

Nearby Public Artwork

Nearby Events